Treat Your Back Pain with Chiropractic Care
Back pain can be debilitating, making it difficult to function on a day-to-day basis. If you have been suffering from back pain and either you're tired of relying on heavy-duty pain killers and muscle relaxers, or your pain hasn't been completely addressed, you may be contemplating seeing a chiropractor. Seeing a chiropractor is one of the best things you can do for yourself. We will look at your pain from a different perspective and treat it using alternate techniques that can finally eliminate your back pain.
How Can a Chiropractor Help with Back Pain?
How your back pain is treated will depend on many factors. After carefully evaluating you, we will construct a treatment plan unique to you that includes one or more of the following treatments:
- Spinal adjustments – Manual adjustments of the spine can improve the range of motion and overall functionality of your back.
- Heat and ice therapy - You may be surprised at how effective something as simple as applying heat or ice to the back to alleviate pain can be. Ice is often used to numb the area before switching to heat, which then increases blood flow to the area. This accelerates healing.
- Massage - Massage is a very effective way to minimize swelling and inflammation as well as improve circulation, which promotes healing in the affected area.
- Stretching and exercise - Certain stretches and exercises can help strengthen the area and release the tension and pressure that contributes to back pain.
- TENS unit therapy - This therapy entails the placement of electrodes on the back where you're experiencing pain in order to stimulate the area and reduce pain.
- Various other therapies that we recommend - This isn't an exhaustive list of treatments that we might use. Treatments could include nutritional supplements, dietary changes, and more.
Don't allow yourself to continue to be plagued by daily back pain that seems to be ruining your life. If you've exhausted all your options with traditional doctors and pain management specialists, seeing a chiropractor is the smartest next step you could ever make. The right chiropractor will carefully evaluate your pain and history and develop an effective back pain treatment protocol for you.
Give Us a Call Today to Get Started
If you're in the Burbank, CA area, Thorburn Chiropractic Center is the chiropractic center for you. Our staff at Thorburn takes pride in treating each patient like an individual while doing whatever possible to ensure chronic pain is properly managed.