Living with lower back pain can be incredibly scary, especially if your lower back turns from acute to chronic. Chronic back pain can last for three months or longer, and it can negatively impact your life. Lower back pain can make it difficult to walk, run, and complete daily activities. It's important to get help from a chiropractor if you are now suffering from chronic lower back pain.
At Thorburn Chiropractic Center in Burbank, CA, we make it our mission to help you recover from lower back pain. Will be able to prescribe the best course of treatment for your pain, get you the help of a highly trained chiropractor, and help you feel relief from pain.
What Causes Lower Back Pain?
Lower back pain can have many causes. However, one of the most common causes of lower back pain is injured muscles, such as muscle strength or muscle sprain. Pulled back muscles in particular is one of the most common causes of lower back pain. This can occur if you work in physical labor or are involved in an accident. In addition, there are other causes of lower back pain that originate from the spinal column. These issues include:
- Lumbar herniated disc: A condition where the fluid inside of the discs between the vertebrae seeps out, compressing the nerves
- Joint dysfunction: Where joints become inflamed around the pelvic area and sacral area of the spine
- Osteoarthritis: Where the disc joints between the vertebrae are affected due to wear and tear and older age
- Spinal stenosis: A narrowing of the spinal canal that compresses the nerves within the spine
How Visiting a Chiropractor Can Help
If you've been suffering from lower back pain, it's important to visit a chiropractor who can determine the root cause of your pain. A chiropractor will conduct a full physical exam, followed by imaging tests that include x-rays, and ask you about the nature of your lower back pain. Using this information, they will create a plan of action to help you heal from your lower back pain. This can include:
- Massage of the lower back muscles to reduce inflammation
- Spinal decompression to alleviate herniated discs
- Spinal adjustments to realign the spine
- Corrective exercises to strengthen and improve mobility of injured lower back muscles
Find Relief from Lower Back Pain Today
At Thorburn Chiropractic Center, we're here to help residents of Burbank, CA find relief from lower back pain. Call us today at (818) 841-1313 for more information or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.