Neck pain is a common complaint but is never good for your overall health not to mention how it affects your quality of life. It can affect your sleep, your activities, and even your mood. Thorburn Chiropractic & Wellness Center in Burbank, CA provides you many natural ways to treat your neck pain. Dr. Charlene Thorburn will help you get back to a healthy, pain-free life.
Causes of Neck Pain
There are many possible causes of neck pain. Some of the most common include:
- Neck injuries: Sports activities, auto accidents, and work-related activities may cause damage to the neck’s ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves, causing neck pain. Whiplash injury is one of the most common neck injuries. It occurs when the neck moves suddenly back and forth. While rear-end auto accidents are the leading causes, sports injuries and falls can also cause whiplash.
- Arthritis: Arthritis may cause neck pain and stiffness. Arthritis affects the knee, hip, and hands, but it can also affect neck joints.
- Cervical stenosis: The narrowing of the neck column compresses the nerves, causing neck pain. Cervical stenosis occurs due to disc degeneration accelerated by old age.
- Occupation: Poor posture, heavy lifting, and muscle overuse may cause neck pain.
While neck pain may affect anyone, certain risk factors increase the likelihood of neck pain. These include:
- Previous automobile accidents or injuries
- Improper bed and/or pillow
- Teeth grinding/jaw issues
How We Treat Neck Pain
When you first visit us, Dr. Thorburn will diagnose your condition. Then, we will create a personalized treatment plan for you. This can include:
- Chiropractic adjustments: Our doctors will use a special treatment tool to gently move the bones of the spine that are not functioning properly back into their normal working position. This is done without twisting and popping.
- Neck exercises: We may recommend simple exercises to perform at home or in the office to reduce neck pain and improve muscle strength.
- Muscle stimulation: With muscle stimulation therapy, we can alleviate muscle spasms and promote healing in the soft tissues.
- Ultrasound therapy: Ultrasound therapy involves transmitting high-frequency sound waves into a specific area of the body. The sound waves penetrate deep into the tissues to improve blood flow throughout the area.
- Deep muscle release: This method involves using pressure to massage and stretch the muscles to release tension throughout an area. It can be used to improve your range of motion, reduce soreness, and support the tissue recovery process.
Visit Our Chiropractor in Burbank, CA for Neck Pain Relief
If you are suffering from neck pain, we can help. At Thorburn Chiropractic Center in Burbank, CA, our chiropractor provides personalized care. We will alleviate your pain and help your neck heal. Call us today to schedule an appointment.